Friday, April 11, 2008

Shake Rattle and Roll


Nice to hear from you again Shikha.
I have adopted this mode of replying to comments via e-mail since it gives me a feeling of communicating individually with a person.
Actually I haven't visited my own blog after the first few posts and so i don't even know how it looks like now.
Comments turn up as e-mails and I try to reply. I guess each reply ends up as a separate post.
So you see that as a reward for commenting you get a post in your honour (And my count of postings also goes up)


I also realise that I have not given credit where it is due for those two posts which look like my attempt at poetry.
Those are feeble attempts at 'Remixing' poetry. Sometimes depending on a mood or situation I am reminded of a song and sometimes it chains into a second song or a third song which all seem to relate to the same thing.
So I tried to cut and paste lyrics of two such songs which reflected my thoughts to see how it looks.

The First one is a mix of 'Another Day' by Paul McCartney and 'Another Cup of Coffee' by Mike and the Mechanics
The second one is a mix of 'A Day in the Life' by the Beatles and 'I'm so happy that I can't stop crying' by Sting.

No comments: